Monday, September 3, 2012

Days 644 - 646: Cross-Country!

Day #644 * Hike #766 * DuplicateTrack
Tuesday August 21, 2012
Caretakers Trail - Arroyo Verde - Ventura, California
Assistant Coach for the VC Express - Cross-Country
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +100 Feet
 
Ayden's diving coach participates with the VC Express Cross-Country team.  So, with diving over we signed Ayden up to run with her sister's, who are Ayden's age.  For day one, my goal was to just run along side and help push my son along.  However, somehow I got mixed in to becoming a coach.  What do I know about running?  I run inconsistently, sprint, slow, etc...  For me, it's always like a horse race.  Yeah, this is going to be fun!
 
Today we ran on "Caretakers", this is the trail on the east end of the park.  I guess the team has names for all the trails; Vista Bluff on the West end and Horseshoe on the far north end.  So, we ran about a 600 meter warm up.  Then many exercises and sprints and stuff.  Then the 1.5 mile run, and then another 600 meter cool down.  This is a Duplicate Track for me, but I've never really done it this way before...
 
 
Day #645 * Hike #767 * New Track #634
Wednesday August 22, 2012
More Kanan Road Trekking - Agoura, California
My Tripometer: 30 Minutes * 1.5 Miles * +150 Feet
 
If you recall, I hiked off Kanan Road last week.  On that day, I hiked about a half mile along the road and noticed some trail possibilities on the east end of the highway.  So, today I took the 101 and exited at Kanan.  I drove about 2.3 miles down and parked on the left side of the highway.  I didn't have my camera on me today but you're not missing much.  I passed a gate, construction vehicles and then found a single track trail leading up a hill.  This is private property and is not a recommended hike.  I suppose last week was also private property, it was for sale, but there were no signs saying no trespassing.  Moreover, last week, the gate was open.  The gate today was not.  Anyhow, I didn't go far back and quickly came back....
 
 
Day #646 * Hike #768 * Duplicate Track
Thursday August 23, 2012
800 Meters at Arroyo Verde - Ventura, California
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2 Miles * +25 Feet
 
At Cross-Country today, the main focus was to establish the 800 meter speed of our runners.  We went off in three different groups, thirty seconds a part.  Ayden ran with the first (slowest) and I ran with the last (fastest).  At the end, I sprinted past Ayden (a minute faster) and finished *10th overall.  Ayden finished 12th. 
 
*My 10th place finish was actually about 4th fastest.  When I found out that we were doing this I was actually quite excited.  I love the 800 meter, but on grass with a hill, it was not the same race.  I also was having mechanical problems with my shoes.
 
After the run was done, we did it again; grueling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More