Sunday, September 16, 2012

Days 657 - 661: Belmont Shores and More...

Day #657 * Hike #787 * New Track #651
Monday September 3, 2012
Belmont Shore - Long Beach, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 

 
We concluded Labor Day by strolling the streets of Belmont Shores.  I believe this section runs along 2nd Street between Seal Beach and Long Beach.  We ate at Taco Surf, a cool little spot and discovered they had one of these in Seal Beach, where we were before this hike.
 
There are many bars and places to shop in Belmont Shores.  Although this district is set back from the beach area, the locals know it well.  Very busy...
 
Day #658 * Hike #788 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday September 4, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.25 Miles * +225 Feet
 
Back to work and back to cross-country training in the park.  I'm loving all this running and my son is starting to get the hang of running without wasting energy by jumping around and what not.  However, he still talks too much!
 
Day #659 * Hike #789 * New Track #652
Wednesday September 5, 2012
Market Street Area - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2 Miles * +25 Feet
 
After dropping off Ayden at his Parkour class, I drove to the end of the road, parked the car and walked about.  There are fields galore beyond the industrial buildings in the Market Street area.  I usually watch Ayden while he learns how to tumble and twist but today I figured to go for a new hike...
 
Day #660 * Hike #790 * Duplicate Track
Thursday September 6, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2 Miles * +150 Feet
 
Another day coaching and running with the cross-country team.  At this point, it all seems a blur but I know I did it.  This was the last practice before our first meet...
 
Day #661 * Hike #791 * Duplicate Track
Friday September 7, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.5 Miles * +200 Feet
 
This was a casual walk with the dogs for a change.  It's been awhile since I had taken them out and today was the perfect day.  With another busy weekend coming up, they deserved my attention... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More