Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thru Day 675: Training...

Alyssa at Goalie - It was a Corner Kick...

Day #670 * Hike #806 * New Track #663
Sunday September 16, 2012
Manhattan Village Park - Manhattan Beach, CA
Manhattan Country Club
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 This gate is supposed to be locked, but...

 A central Tennis court and about 20 private courts

 We found a playground

Alyssa was warming up with the Eagles so Ayden and I turned this time into a hike.  We collected Tennis balls, bypassed the pool and eventually made our way back to the game.  Alyssa was utilized as a goalie for the first time in her club career.  The Eagles have been without a true goalie all season so the girls agree to trade off. 

It was a corner kick and the ball hit one of our teammates and shot into the goal.  There is really nothing more Alyssa could have done and at least we still won this game.

Playground near the soccer fields
 
 
Day #671 - 672 * Hike #807 - 808 * Duplicate Tracks
Monday - Tuesday September 17 - 18, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
Cross Country Training
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 2.25 Miles * +125 Feet
 
The typical work week begins with two days of running in the hills.  The momentum is picking up and so is my speed.  Oh yeah, Ayden is doing better too...
 
 
Day #673 * Hike #809 * Duplicate Tracks
Wednesday September 19, 2012
Los Robles Trail - Los Padres Trail - Thousand Oaks, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hours * 3.5 Miles * +425 Feet
 
With no other assignments today, I ran through the shady Los Padres Trail and then up the familiar hill to the top.  I checked on the cache that I hid up there and yep, it's still there.  With all that's going on in my life and such little interest in the cash cache, I've decided to stop the program.  I was out a hundred bucks because somebody cashed my check, which I hid in Twin Pines near Little Mutua.  Whoever cashed it never bothered to email me so, good job for finding it :)
 
 
Day #674 * Hike #810 * Duplicate Tracks
Thursday September 20, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2 Miles * +100 Feet
 
More cross country training at the Verde!
 
Day #675 * Hike #811 * Duplicate Tracks
Friday September 21, 2012
Los Robles Trail - Moorpark Trailhead - Thousand Oaks, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +600 Feet
 
At the end of Moorpark Road in Thousand Oaks, park your car and run away.  This is a duplicate trail but I can't remember the last time I was here.  For the first few minutes of the run, the track is quite easy.  However, you then run up a steep hill and then shortly thereafter, you run up an even steeper hill!  After that, it becomes slightly more level but the gradual incline will test your stamina if you are still able to run this far, which I did - thanks to the cross country training.
 
Then, the fun begins.  A steep uphill battle to the top.  I took this way versus the long about circular way which brings you to the same point.  I went all the way to the top by the satellites and then jogged back down and around.  I haven't been doing much elevation lately and my legs really felt this one.  I'm exhausted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More