Friday, September 7, 2012

Days 651 - 654: Chill Out Frozen Yogurt - Moranda Park - Hueneme Beach Park

Hueneme Beach Park
 
Day #654 * Hike #775 * New Track #639
Friday August 31, 2012
Moranda Park - Hueneme Beach - Port Hueneme, CA
Chill Out Frozen Yogurt! 
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 
 
Moranda Park
 
...A couple of days earlier we viewed a comercial property with a for rent sign in the window on the corner of Port Hueneme Rd and Ventura Rd.  Today we came back and made it official; we signed the lease!  We are opening up a frozen yogurt shop in Port Hueneme!  The name is: Chill Out Frozen Yogurt ... and Panani's!
 
I turned today's signing into a hike around the neighborhood.  Moranda Park is just across the street.  It's a small little nothing park but it rests less than a quarter mile away from Hueneme Beach...
 
 Hueneme Pier

Sunset over Port Hueneme Naval Base
 
So, this is actually happening!  I am excited and scared at the same time.  It's a big risk but it will fill a void in the community.  We are ovehauling an old belt buckle store and transforming it into a Chill Out Zone!  We anticipate opening by December 1st if everything goes as planned!!!
 
 
***Rewind the week:
 
Day #651 * Hike #773 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday August 28, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA 
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2 Miles * +100 Feet

Back to cross-country training with my son.  This was a day after the fire and the park was open for business.  Some hardcore running; just another day at the park...

Day #652 * Hike #774 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday August 29, 2012
Ormond Beach - Oxnard, CA 
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 
I was in the area and decided to cool off near the ocean on this duplicate track.  My wife and I were checking out a storefront.  More to come...
 
 
Day #653 * Hike #774 * Duplicate Track
Thursday August 30, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA 
My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 2 Miles * +250 Feet
 
The highlight of this cross-training session was the 200 meter sprints up the asphalt in the back of the park to the water tower.  On the 6th and final sprint, I gave it all I had.  I nearly puked and walked woundedly back to base...

4 comments:

  1. Dude no one wants your broken tent and treasures, money or not. Shame on you for ruining a natural place and teaching your kids that behavior is okay. I hope that is not typical of you, it's up to people who love these places to protect them. Having been there In recent years I can assure you people like yourself have continued to trash it. I'll be sure to check for a broken tent next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. replica bags wholesale replica gucci bag k1i47l5r94 replica bags ru replica chanel bags ebay replica hermes handbags k2r28o1s50 replica bags pakistan replica ysl bags australia blog y5a28d5y67 replica bags china free shipping

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More