Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 451: Foothill Drive Trailhead (Los Robles)

Just another day at the office..


Day #451 * Hike #508 * New Track #460
Wednesday February 8, 2012
Foothill Drive Trailhead (Los Robles Area) - Westlake Village, CA

My Tripometer: 1.25 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +750 Feet

 Trailhead (hike to the left of the fence)

Directions:
Easy; from the 101 Freeway in Thousand Oaks exit on Hampshire and head south.  Less than 1000 feet up, turn right on Foothill Drive.  Before the street turns to the right, park your car and you will see the picture above.

 Hike up about 100 feet, turn left at the T-Junction, and then follow the trail to the top

 Views

 Chill spot off the trail

 Triunfo Canyon Park (lower right)

About a year ago I hiked from Triunfo Canyon Park.  I wandered about these hills and got lost to the Sherwood Lake area.  I was back one other time since but today was the first time I could look over the canyon and see what I've done.  Pretty neat to know that I've hiked on nearly every possible trail in the region...


 Fork; Left takes you to Triunfo, right loops back, so I went straight...

There is a single track trail that leads you higher if you go straight.  I decided to hike to the highest peak in the area.  I chilled for a bit then came back down to loop back to Foothill...  (right at this fork from the trail or left if you climb the short peak and back.  Very easy)

 Saw this in the distance off to the left

 Heading back

 Civic Arts Center in T.O.


On got bored so at an electric pole on the Edison Road I ventured off into the shrubs and scratched up my legs.  I thought I saw an abandoned car down here but turns out it was just some junk pile.  I hiked the animal trail all the way to the 101, fence line and back.  Wasted time I guess, and now I'm itching for it.  Dumb!


Ironically, after I made it back to the road I noticed an abandoned car around the next turn.  About 500 feet further up was a turn off to reach another Edison pole and this allowed me a closeup of the car.

 Typical Helicopter reporting traffic on the 101

Foothill Drive Trailhead

My presumption was correct.  I looped around.  I originally came up this hill and turned left.  Rounding all the way around, the wide Edison Road turned into a single track trail at the very end and met back up here.  There are miles and miles of possibilities out here.  I barely scratched the surface.  You can easily spend a full day and join the fabulous Los Robles Trail, but that takes dedication and I don't have that kind of time.  Had to meet up with Jess to intercept Alyssa at the Soccer Fields for Eagles Practice...

Day #451 * Hike #509 * Duplicate TrackWednesday February 8, 2012
Pleasant Valley Fields - Camarilo, CA.
My Tripometer: 3 Hours * 2 Miles * +25 Feet

I was early for soccer practice so I jogged around until they got there.  Then with Sammi and Ayden, we explored the familiar site some more...

***Rewind:

Day #450 * Hike #507 * Duplicate TrackTuesday February 7, 2012
Hobart Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +0 Feet

Ayden had his first soccer practice with the new team for spring season.  It was a rainy day and I made the most of it with Sammi.  We probably got in just over a mile of circling.  I took pics on my cell phone and maybe I will update them some other time.  No big deal here, ya know.  It was a California Winter Storm.  They canceled Alyssa's soccer practice due to about 1 tenth of an inch of rain.   LOL, Dallas Raines on the weather report... Oh My, the Snow Level drops down to 5500 feet.  ---Let's all get concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More