Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 458: Fairview Trailhead (Foothill Drive Alternate)

Day #458 * Hike #517 * New Track #466
Wednesday February 15, 2012
Fairview Trailhead (Foothill Drive Alternative) - Westlake Village, CA

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.75 Miles * +375 Feet

 Trailhead at the end of Fairview Drive

Directions:
If you follow Day 451: Foothill Drive Trailhead take the turn around foothill and then when you get to Fairview turn left.  This essentially is a driveway but I found a fair place to park.  I suppose you can call this trailhead a shortcut into the hills; saves you about 50 feet elevation gain and 5 minutes of walking.  Really no big deal.  At the end of Fairview is a dirt road that darts up to the right but I took the footpath up and to the left.  This turned into more of a scamper until I met the road that I hiked from last week.  It was raining slightly so the ground was muddy, no big deal.  Once I got to the road I turned right.  Less than a quarter mile further I met the intersection that the other dirt road from Fairview would have led me to:
 

These pics were taken with off and on rain with my phone, not too clear.  The pic above shows the road where I was coming from and the turn that I was about to make.  In the picture you'll notice the dirt path heading up and to the right, but this is actually left coming from Foothill...

 Up at the top

Less than a half mile up you meet with the other portion of the loop trail that I hike the other day.  Today I turned right and relooped this part of the loop.  The section of footing that I was on to get me there was completely new to me.  Cool little path, a bit steep but easy enough.

 Looking back down to the Fairview Road Trail

If anyone is reading this, I would say that this is one of my most dullest blogposts.  Yet, it's a hike on new ground so its worth the input.  Coming from around the way, I turned left down the road, passed some power building and then passed a water tower. 
My car, end of trail...


Rewind:

Day #456 * Hike #515 * Duplicate Track
Monday February 13, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +350 Feet

Today was a crazy windy day.  Gusts in this part of the canyon were 50mph, at least they seemed to be that fast.  Cold but sunny without any precip so no big deal.  Just a run through the park with Sammi...

Day #457 * Hike #516 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday February 14, 2012
Hobart Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1 Mile * +0 Feet

 The Los Padres across the street - in the distance

Tuesday is soccer practice day at Hobart park.  For the second straight week I hiked here as a duplicate...


 Skate Park

 Ayden far left meeting with his new team

 I walked around the park 4 times, decided to take this picture

Jessi with Ziggy (New dog, hmm, maybe or maybe not?)

Double Rewind:
Hobart Park from last Tuesday, in the rain...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More