Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 838: Hellman Park Trail - Peppergrass Trail - Mariposa Trail - Habitat Authority Wilderness

Hiking up the Peppergrass Trail

Day #838 * Hike #1045 * New Track #822
Hellman Park Trail - Whittier, California
Peppergrass Trail - Mariposa Trail - Habitat Authority Wilderness
Sunday March 3, 2013
My Tripometer: 45 Minutes * 1.75 Miles * +200 Feet


The parking lot was full so Jess dropped me off here and I began to jog the trail while she was suppose to wait...

 Trailhead...

 Map

I began the jog around the water reserve, the Hellman Park Trail.  This brought me around to the head of a beautiful canyon trail...


I jogged slowly up the easy slope but then turned back.  I figured that I didn't have enough time to do the entire loop so I wanted to step my feet on both of these trails.  I turned back and then began running up the Peppergrass Trail...

 Peppergrass Trail

 ah, there's Ayden and Jess walking backwards up the hill...

 Los Angeles opens up...

 Grueling climb...

and more uphill battling...

we turned back because Ayden was being a brat!  If I ever need to comeback to Whittier again, I will revisit this hill and tackle it right!

Here's a link for more info on this area:

http://www.greeneadventures.com/2011/02/01/hiking-hellman-wilderness-park-in-whittier-hills/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More