Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 855: Ormond Beach Area - Arcturus Trail



Day #855 * Hike #1064 * New Track #835
Ormond Beach Area - Oxnard, California
Arcturus Trail

Wenesday March 20, 2013
My Tripometer: 0.75 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet


 Trailhead
Between all the pollution of South Oxnard, there is a protected preserve...

Directions:
From Hueneme Road near Saviers, head down Arcturus road, past the industrial to the end.  Turn right and park at the end as seen in the picture above.  This is essentially private hoboland, so it's not a recommended hike.  However, it was crucial that I hiked here at some point, and today was the day.  I've hiked to the beach on either side as seen on:


Wildlife to the left, but I followed the road

 **I wonder what this area will look like 100 years from now?

 Okay, so I decided to cut through here...

 Warning, Chemicals?  **It did smell nasty...

 That's one big boat...

pollution...


 Zoomed in, that's where I started from

 this is the way I'm going...

 Home...

 Beach, Boat & Anacapa

 Hueneme Pier





Overall, pretty cool spot!  It was stinky, I probably shouldn't have been here but don't we have coastal access rights?  Isn't this the reason that we are able to walk by the seals during the off season?  Hey, did you hear about what some people were doing to the seals in La Jolla recently/.  Yeah, kicking them and stuff.  Horrible!  What's wrong with people.  Yeah, so I may have been on private property but I am not harming this area.  I am cherishing it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More