Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DAY 64: SECRET NIGHT HIKE


Yesterday was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day and my wife's birthday.  The temperature was in the 80's, no clouds, no wind; simply perfect!  The best day thus far in 2011...

I was at work and my rental condo had some major plumbing issues!  Water leaked all over the kitchen and ran into the "play room".  The carpet is destroyed, kitchen floor is toast and the sink needs to be replaced.  What sucks about this is I want to upgrade the house that I own and live in now, but I have to tend to this underwater condo!

Well, I did not hike... lol, during the day!!  My wife and I, measured the floor, saw The Social Network at the $3 Theater and then went to Lowes.  Finally, at 10:30 at night, tired as h#!!, I went for a hike with my dogs.  I did walk the dogs earlier with my wife but the new adventure came with an hour to go in the day.  Because this hike was on private property, I will not disclose the exact location. 

 Lost in the orchard?












The hike passed through an orchard.  I picked an orange and passed up on the grapefruit.  Sammi found a red plastic thing, which she now keeps as a dog toy.  The moon light was full and I captured Orion on camera.  There was a portion of the trail along a fence where the footing was narrow and treacherous.  One wrong step and babye, the steep drop-off would lead to a sudden impact and certain injury on the cement wall below. 
This is not a trail that I would recommend but I did it to keep my streak alive.  I prefer not to hike on private land, but Two-Trees is technically private and is arguably the best hike in the city of Ventura.  I estimate my total elevation gain yesterday at +250 feet.  I trekked about 1.5 miles total.  Thus, I barely warmed up my legs.  Later today I intend to open up my stride but as of now, I haven’t a clue as to where I will venture.  In the meantime, I will work the vast majority of the daylight while my wife goes shopping for a new floor…

Day 64 Estimate: 1.5 miles  +250 Feet

**MY 64 DAY SUMMARY:  224 Miles  +35,275 Feet**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More