Monday, July 16, 2012

Days 605 - 606: The Best and Worst in Conejo Valley!

Day #605 * Hike #707 * Duplicate Track
Thursday July 12, 2012
The Best and Worst of Conejo Valley - Newbury Park, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 1.25 Miles * +200 Feet
 
I was recently talking with a reporter for the Acorn and a couple of Hikes came to mind: 
 
 
These are my favorite and least favorite hikes in Conejo Valley.  The irony of this is, they are right next to each other.  Thus, today after work I revisited this location and combined the trails for one hike.  I spent about 45 minutes reuniting with my Day 206 experience and then wandered over to where I dropped the camera.  Basically, I poked my head in and then left.  Anyhow, that was my hike for the day and for many other hikes in Conejo Valley, check out the link below:
 
 
 
Day #606 * Hike #708 * Duplicate Track
Friday July 13, 2012
Kimball Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.5 Miles * +75 Feet
 
The goal today was to race 1 mile around the 1.25 mile loop.  I thought my legs were strong from my hard 2-mile run on Wednesday and today I was wearing better shoes.  My first quarter split clocked in 1.35.  I was feeling good coming down the top stretch but as I turned toward the downhill, I stopped!  I walked the final 20 seconds and still managed a 1.54 quarter split.  I guess my legs were more sore than I thought so I stopped the ticking and then casually walked and joged two times around the large oval.  Usually when I have a stop watch I am going to run for a time, like a race.  Today however I went off stride like a trotter in a harness pace; xxx- pulled up Did Not Finish.  Oh well, so I went a longer distance instead.  I guess the Friday the 13th curse got me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More