Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 621: Soccer, Diving & My Fastest Lap of the Year!

Alyssa Battling for Position

Day #621 * Hike #732 * New Track #608
Saturday July 28, 2012
Pleasant Valley Fields - Camarillo, CA

My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet

 This girl has long hair!

 The Eagles lost this game 2 - 0

Do you get to sleep in on the weekend?  I don't!  The alarm went off at 5:45am and we were at the field by 6:45.  After dropping of Alyssa at the parking lot entrance, I drove to the far backside to begin my hike before the game.  I'm not paying $7.00 for parking so I created a new track around the perimeter of the complex!  Then, I hopped the fence and met up with the family in time for the 8:00 contest!

**After the game we had some downtime.  So, I took this opportunity to run at Buena.  My goal today was to run a quarter mile in under a minute twenty.  My time:

1:16.22

Not a blazing fast quarter mile, but my fastest of the year nevertheless!  It's a far cry from my 54 second dash that I ran in 1995.  I honestly feel like a fat humphalump trying to run out there.  At no point during this speed race did I feel that I ever reached top speed.  I once clocked myself running at 23 mph on one of those radar guns next to a speed limit sign on a street in Beachwood, Ohio; Hiltop Road to be exact.  I was in jeans and regular shoes then so I assume I could have reached speeds of 25mph.  I believe the fastest human ever clocked is about 28, so in my day, I wasn't too far off.  Hmm, wonder what I could reach now???

Game 2: Eagles win 2 - 0!

I left the game early to take Ayden to his dive meet:

 Ayden scores a 5.0 / 5.0 / 5.5 for his 1 1/2 dive

These are great scores for his age bracket.  He does the 1 1/2 somersault brilliantly!

 Ayden with his team and (girlfriend?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More