Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 630 - 631: Peninsula Park - Channel Islands Harbor - Hot in So Cal!

Day #630 * Hike #744 * New Track #615
Monday August 6, 2012
Peninsula Park - Oxnard, CA

Channel Islands Harbor
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours  * 1.5 Miles * +25 Feet
 
This was the beginning of a very HOT week!  After work I picked up Ayden and we rode bikes around Peninsula Park - Channel Islands Harbor.  We locked up the bikes and hiked a mile + checking out all the boats.  The cool ocean breeze was a nice relief from the scorcher up the grade.  Riding my Motorcycle home from work felt like a burning inferno until I hit the grade.
 
 
Day #631 * Hike #745 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday August 7, 2012
Pleasant Valley Fields - Camarillo, CA

My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours  * 2 Miles * +25 Feet

Today was even hotter than yesterday so I bypassed a new hike in Conejo Valley.  I met my wife and Alyssa at the Pleasant Valley Soccer Fields for Alyssa's practice.  It was still hot in Camarillo but it was tolerable.  Some of the older girls were jogging around the entire field today.  It took them over ten minutes a lap.  I figure the distance is a mile so I burned out two laps myself.  However, instead of running around on the grassy field, I ran up on the dirt track; more legit for a hike...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More