Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 641: The Search for Leon Russell at Lake Mission Viejo

Leon Russell
(All night we thought this was Willie Nelson, oops!)
Day #641 * Hike #758 * New Track #626
Saturday August 18, 2012
The Search for Leon Russell - Mission Viejo, California
Lake Mission Viejo
My Tripometer: 3.5 Hours * 2.75 Miles * +250 Feet
 Ayden performs his first ever backflip on the grass!

Directions:
Follow the driving instructions from Day 641: Lake Mission Viejo.  We are at the park watching Alyssa's 2nd soccer game.  It's an evening game hence the trajectory of the sun forming the shadows.

 Ayden discussing Parkour with a new friend

Yes, the game is about Alyssa and I did take many photos but they all came out horribly!  I shot some video too so hopefully they will turn out good for the archive.  I really need a new camera.

 Trailhead

The hiking actually began long before this.  We hiked out of the park, up the hill and across the street to the Lake.  There was a concert going on and the streets were packed.  We tried getting in through the main gate for Lake Mission Viejo but they were charging and we weren't that interested.  What we would have been into was taking a dip in the lake because it was so hot all day.  Anyhow, we hiked up Olympiad beyond all the madness.  About a half mile uphill we found this sidewalk which trekked down into a neighborhood...

 It was dark and Ayden was creeped out

 The beach, from the backside - no entry here

 eye level from another street - no trespassing

 Ayden's like, let's go!!!

Nah, although I could have easily scaled the fence, we weren't going to do this.  Especially not for Leon Russell, who :)?  Ironically, I just received a comment today about trespassing from my Malibu Lake hike.  Check out the comment at the bottom of the post: Day 639: Paramount Ranch & Malibu Lake.  This so called property owner was threatening me with guns.  Really!  I am respectful out there and I'd like to think that I point out good things about the outdoors.  Anyway...

 Many of these guys hunting for blogger bashers!

 My great camera taking a shot of the concert
Yeah, I think it's long overdue for me to get another cheapo camera.  My night vision is horrible and this quite possibly is my worst post to date.  **Good thing tomorrow is loaded with real hikes in real outdoor wildernesses!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the attempts you've obtained created in writing this report. I am hoping the same best operate from you inside the likely also. In fact your inventive creating expertise has impressed me to commence my personal Website Engine weblog now.
    drivers education in orange county
    driving safety

    ReplyDelete

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More