Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 638: Hike to the 'A' for Agoura!

'A' for Agoura High School

Day #638 * Hike #752 * NewTrack #621
Wednesday August 15, 2012
Hike to the 'A' in Agoura
My Tripometer: 45 Minutes * 1.75 Miles * +300 Feet
 Trailhead

Directions:
From the 101 Freeway in Thousand Oaks head south and take the Kanan Road exit.  Turn left to the North for about a mile and then turn right on Thousand Oaks Blvd.  Take this to the end and park.

 Above the 'A' overlooking Agoura High School

This is a very steep climb with a lot of loose rock.  I was not looking forward to climbing down so I was hoping that I could find an alternate way.  The high school track used to be blue, like Camarillo but the new surface is red.  I overhead kids at the aquatic center.  Man, it was hot and I wish I was swimming with them...

 Heading higher above the 'A'
The trail gets scratchy but the elevation is easy

 Ah, a junction - a road takes you deeper into the hills

Keeping things easy, I headed back down the *easy way
*Maybe not that easy.  I slipped a few times.  Nevertheless, much easier than going up.  There was one spot where a trail went off to the left.  I looked at this and it quickly hit a property line.  At the bottom there was a street.  Hmm, an easier way to park and climb up next time...  I ventured across the street to check out the open space.  It looked like there could be a water source but negative, just a drainage ditch with no action.  I hiked back to this trailhead and took the easy way back to my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More