Friday, August 3, 2012

Days 622 - 626 : Six Flags Magic Mountain

Apocalypse at Magic Mountain

Day #622 * Hike #734 * New Track #610
Sunday July 29, 2012
Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia, CA

My Tripometer: All Day  * 4 Miles * +175 Feet

 Really?!  $17.00 for Parking!!!

It was Ayden's birthday last week and I forgot to mention this to the guy.  Parking would have been Free!

 Parking Way Out Here!

We got off to a late start today.  Alyssa had a soccer game in the morning and I hiked to the V around lunch time.  As a result, we were stranded way out here!  The only good thing coming out of this is that I can technically use it as a new hike.  We bypassed the shuttle and trekked nearly a half mile to the front gate.  Once there I presented the gate keeper with the free tickets for my kids and I had intended paying the $40.00 kids price for my entrance.  However, I didn't read the ticket carefully.  It clearly stated that I would have needed to purchase the ticket online and as a result, I paid the $60 or $67 full price entrance fee.  What a bummer!

Directions:
From the I 5 in Santa Clarita, exit at Magic Mountain Parkway and take that to the end...

Although I had a new track last year for Magic Mountain, I walked enough new space today to consider this a new hike.  As I stated last year, this is a mountain and before the theme park, this would have been a legit trail.  I surpassed my 1 mile outdoor requirement to count it as a hike!

Our first ride of the day; OMG!

After waiting in line for an hour and a half, here we go!  Although they said no cameras, I video taped the ride.  Watch it on You Tube:


Alyssa on stage at the Hypnotist Show

Alyssa went up there thinking she was really going to by hypnotized.  She realized nearly immediately that it didn't work.  Nevertheless, she went along with it and Ayden in the audience believed that she was really asleep and moving around based on the hypnotist's words.


Day #623 * Hike #735 * Duplicate Track
Monday July 30, 2012
2 Mile Run: Buena - Ventura, CA

My Tripometer: 30 Minutes  * 2.25 Miles * +25 Feet

2.04.60
2.03.99
1.57.52
1.58.81 -- 8.04.92 1st Mile
2.01.79
2.04.04
2.01.09
1.42.27 -- 7.49.19 2nd Mile   :::  15.54.11 2 Mile Time

I ran this alone today and was determined to do it under 16 minutes.  I was deterred at first because the front gate was locked!  I drove around the side, jumped a fence and ran on the high school track.  If my wife and kids were here, I wouldn't have done this.  Come to find out, there was another father running the bleachers and his kids were playing on the football field.  There were also some other football players messing around.  Anyhow, my fastest 2 mile time of the year!  I still way 220 pounds, which makes these runs very hard!  At the end, I fell to the ground for a good ten minutes - I left it all out there!



Day #624 * Hike #736 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday July 31, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA

My Tripometer: 1 Hour  * 2.5 Miles * +325 Feet

Today we learned horrible news about our home remodel.  Depending on the outcome of the foregoing, I may or may not write more about this!  --I passed up a bigger hike today to keep it easy with the dogs!


Day #625 * Hike #737 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday August 1, 2012
Ventura County Fair - Ventura, CA

My Tripometer: 3 Hours  * 2.5 Miles * +25 Feet

I took the day off work today and had planned a real long hike.  Originally, I was going to Hike Mt. Baldy with Ayden but my wife disapproved.  So, I picked a new spot in the Sespe but due to the home remodel problem, I had to attend a meeting this morning.  It didn't go well!

After the meeting I decided to bypass the long hike and go to the fair with my family.  There is a lot of walking involved with this one and finding a free place to park was not easy!  This is not the worthy hike that I anticipated and it certainly was not free.  However, at least I carried on with my outdoor activity for now 625 days in a row!  Since I pretty much tramped the same grounds last year, this became a duplicate track which puts me two full weeks behind on my New Tracks!


Day #626 * Hike #738 * Duplicate Track
Thursday August 2, 2012
Arroyo Verde Park - Ventura, CA

My Tripometer: 1 Hour  * 1.5 Miles * +325 Feet

I'm losing sleep dwelling about the home remodel project.  I hiked the minimum with my dogs at Arroyo Verde today.  I have to take five hours off work tomorrow (Today as I write this) to meet with the owner of this company responsible for all this torment.  Again, I may or may not divulge the details of what happened based on their final decision.  I am not very optimistic about their intent and I do plan to contact the District Attorney for Deceptive Trade Practices, Misrepresentation and so on and so forth!  I can't believe the nerve of this guy!!!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More