Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day #761 * Hike #960 New Track #760
Sunday December 16, 2012
Port Hueneme, California

My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 2.5 Miles * +0 Feet

Today we were working on the shop and in between it all we took a hike from the shop to Moranda Park, Bubbling Springs, Port Hueneme Beach and the Surfside Neighborhoods.  Most of this area that I covered was duplicate but some of it was new, hence New Track #760.  I took many pics with my phone but I will not be sharing those today.

We were passing out flyer's for Chill Out Frozen Yogurt.  Originally we envisioned opening on the 15th but from what we gathered, we really thought our Grand Opening would be on Wednesday.  Along our trek today I mapped out the area, snapped pics and my goal is to create a very user friendly map and then share it for the customers.

Well, as I write this post today, it's weeks later and we are still not open!  The city and health requirements are tedious!!!  Electrical has been a set back to the point where we cannot open until we have a plaque made and installed on the outside of the new electrical panel.  Really!  We have to go to a trophy shop for this.  So many little details.  Handicap railing for the restroom, even though its not a public restroom and my wife will be the only one using it.  The toilet paper roll is on the wrong wall.  I now have to drill through cement to install it.  And so on...  Ever so close, we should be opening very soon...

Day #762 - 766 * Hike #961 - 965 * Duplicate Tracks
Monday - Friday December 17 - December 21, 2012
Various Hikes


More cold weather, rain, wind and early sun downs.  During the week I hiked around Port Hueneme, Arroyo Verde and I even did a lunch break hike up in T.O.  All Duplicates, nothing new to report.  Just as I caught up my New Track Location to my days, I am beginning to slip again.  Let me tell you, this is not an easy life to continue finding new locations to hike.  They are out there, but it is so demanding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More