Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 774: Buena Vista Vacant Lot Trail

Shh, don't move.  They can sense us...

Day #774 * Hike #973 New Track #762
Saturday December 29, 2012
Buena Vista Vacant Lot Trail - Ventura, California

My Tripometer: 45 Minutes * 1.25 Miles * +100 Feet

 Trailhead

Directions:
From downtown Ventura, head east on Poli and turn left on Rincon St.  If you get to Lincoln (the stop sign), you went too far.  From Rincon, turn right on Buena Vista and drive around until you see this gate on the right.  Don't wait too long, otherwise someone may buy this place.

I was driving around the area in search for a new hike.  For the past 7 days I had been covering duplicate teritories and honestly, I was really bored!  I first drove down Lincoln but could not find an adequate place to hike.  Finally, this vacant lot won over my destination for the day...

 View Lot!  Let's go House Hunting...

 So this will be my driveway

 Staircase to walk back up to the street

 We could build a cabin here...

 ...out of these trees...

 ah, a backyard trail...

 Cool Trees!

 Figures, a homeless hideout!

 climbed a back ridge, thought I was on a trail...

 Looking back...

 Heading back past the trees

 Found a dry stream bed

 On my drive home, spotted a coyote off Foothill

 Nope, spotted two dogs...


Check out the 1 minute video of these pups on YouTube:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More