Saturday, April 21, 2012

Days 510 - 516: A Week at Arroyo Verde Park

New Bench above Arroyo Verde

Day #510 * Hike #588 * Duplicate Track
Sunday April 8, 2012
Easter at Arroyo Verde

My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.5 Mile * +500 Feet


 Thirsty already?

Our first day back from vacation, Easter Sunday.  I took my niece and nephew out for a hike.  Normally I don't take pictures of my Arroyo Verde Tramps but today's a holiday!  Also, notice how dead the shrub is around the trail.  By this time next month, flowers will be blooming over six feet tall.  The trails will be full of life!

 Pointing toward the future...

 Hazy skies limit the island views

 Jacob cannot make this climb

 We took an easier way

 Easter Kickball Game

 Looking back on some of what we've done

Don't drink from this fountain, unless you're Sammi :)



Day #511 * Hike #589 * Duplicate Track
Monday April 9, 2012
Arroyo Verde - The Bridge

My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 3.5 Miles * +700 Feet

After work, Sammi and I took the steep incline to the bridge


Day #512 * Hike #590 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday April 10, 2012
Arroyo Verde - The Radio Stations

My Tripometer: 2 Hours * 4.5 Miles * +900 Feet

After work, Sammi and I took the long narrow path to the Radio Stations.  Longer than you would expect for sure!


Day #513 * Hike #591 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday April 11, 2012
Arroyo Verde

My Tripometer: 1 Hour * 2.75 Miles * +450 Feet
Jogging along the main trails, Sammi and I got a pretty good work out.  I decided that this week would be Arroyo Verde Week!


Day #514 * Hike #592 * Duplicate Track
Thursday April 12, 2012
Arroyo Verde

My Tripometer: 0.75 Hours * 2 Miles * +350 Feet
Jessi and Ayden were feeling really sick.  Jessi has an pneumonia.  My hike after work was quick and simple so I could care for her.


Day #515 * Hike #593 * Duplicate Track
Friday April 13, 2012
Arroyo Verde

My Tripometer: 0.5 Hours * 1 Mile * +200 Feet

I stayed home for work to care for my wife and kid.  I did some creative development for an idea that I have been working on.  So hard to find time!  Jess didn't get out of bed once today so my work as always was choppy!!!  There were thunderstorms, yes THUNDERSTORMS in Cali.  It was pretty crazy and wild.  By the end of the day, it cleared up which allowed me to jog around the upper trail with Sammi.  I checked out the entrance to the main trails by the red bench and it looked like a mud water slide.


Day #516 * Hike #594 * Duplicate Track
Saturday April 14, 2012
Arroyo Verde

My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.75 Mile * +550 Feet

A fresh new day.  The trail was a bit sloppy but really no big deal.  Sammi and I got an early run in and then it was back to caring for the family...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More