Saturday, April 28, 2012

Days 522 - 527: Walking on a sprained ankle.

Day #522 * Hike #600 * New Track #525
Friday April 20, 2012
Camino Magenta - Thousand Oaks, CA
Lynmere Trail
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 3.5 Miles * +550 Feet

At the end of Camino Magenta off Lynn road in Thousand Oaks there is another way you can enter the Arroyo.  The paved road at the end of the street leads up to a water tower but if you turn left on the trail before that, you will be on the Lynmere Trail.  I've been on this route before but never from this trailhead.  I ran across and then down by the water before turning around and coming back up again.  I still get confused out here and I need to team up with my buddy Ian to explore more.


Day #524 * Hike #603 * Duplicate Track
Sunday April 22, 2012
Marina Park - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 1.25 Miles * +25 Feet

After the Matilija Overnight trip with the kids, I relaxed at Ayden's Soccer game.  From there we went to Marina Park and I ventured around enough to consider this a hike, albeit a duplicate hike.  Some pictures:

 Seagulls on the Ship

 Dolphins in the water

 The ship in the back has a popular zip line for kids

Russian Statue at the end of the beach


Day #525 * Hike #604 * New Track #528
Monday April 23, 2012
Virginia Colony Park - Moorpark, CA
My Tripometer: 1.25 Hours * 2 Miles * +150 Feet

Off Princeton Ave in Moorpark, this small park backs up against the Simi Hills that I have hiked from the other side.  I entered in for a while but turned around before the real uphill began to link the dirt roads.  My ankle was swelling from the sprain that I suffered on the weekend overnight trip.


Day #526 * Hike #605 * Duplicate Track
Tuesday April 24, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.25 Miles * +250 Feet

With a sore ankle, I took the easy high road around Arroyo Verde today.  I completed the middle loop and did not go down into the park.  I walked the entire way, which I think upset Sammi because she was due for a good run.

Day #527 * Hike #606 * Duplicate Track
Wednesday April 25, 2012
Arroyo Verde - Ventura, CA
My Tripometer: 1.5 Hours * 2.25 Miles * +250 Feet

On the sore ankle, I completely copycatted yesterday's hike.  I suppose I'll take my ankle sprain from the Matilija hike versus what the little cousins received.  They have some strange bubbling up dots which look like chicken pox.  I think they're some sort of bug bite?  Ayden got some poison oak but fortunately I dodged that.  Uh oh, getting close again on the New Track numbers.  The problem now is that I am required to drive further everyday to find legit new tracks.  That being said, I found them.  Check back for my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND

ALEX'S LEMONADE STAND
Raising Money for Pediatric Cancer

RWANDA WATER HIKE

RWANDA WATER HIKE
Click Image to Learn More